On really hot summer days when the thought of turning on the oven feels overwhelming, no-bake recipes save me. There is truly nothing better than a good no-bake treat straight out of the freezer in the middle of August.
If I could describe these bars in one word it would be UNREAL. I’d say they are utter perfection down to the crunch of the chocolate top layer, the fudge-like texture of the cookie dough layer, and the combination of salty and sweet. But, hey, I guess I’m a little bit biased. I hope you try these out and love them as much as I do!
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free
Total Time: 1 hr. 30 min. Makes: 10 bars
12 dates, pitted and soaked
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/4 cup oat milk
2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
1 tsp. maca powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. sea salt
5 squares baking chocolate
1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Soak dates in warm water for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- In a blender, combine dates and almond butter. You may have to scrape down the sides of the blender a few times. The dates and almond butter will not be completely smooth, more chopped and sticky, but the mixture should be uniform.
- Add oat milk, vanilla, and sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Add oat flour and maca powder and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Optional: Transfer the dough to a bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Press the dough down in a parchment-lined pan.
- Melt baking chocolate with coconut oil. You can also use regular chocolate chips or any chocolate bar of choice.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cookie dough layer and make sure it is evenly spread.
- Freeze for 5 minutes, then top the chocolate with sea salt.
- Put back in the freezer for at least another hour before slicing and enjoying!