It’s pretty obvious that fall is my favorite season and I’m a big fan of the classic combination chocolate and peanut butter, but even I can’t deny that summer fruit flavors hit the spot in baked goods. This lemon blueberry combo is *almost* delicious enough to make me stop missing fall.
These bars honestly turned out better than I ever could have hoped. They are moist, soft, fluffy, and bursting with flavor. Lemon and blueberry is such a refreshing flavor combination so this recipe is very suitable for these hot summer days! It isn’t too sweet either so you can have one of these bars as a snack or dessert. Let me know what you think, I hope you love them!
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free
Total Time: 55 mins. Makes: 15 bars
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 almond milk
1/4 cup blueberries
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 chia egg (1 tbsp. chia seeds, 2.5 tbsp. water)
3 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make the chia egg, combine 1 tbsp. of chia seeds with 2.5 tbsp. water in a small bowl. Let sit until it takes on a gel-like texture.
- When the chia egg is ready, combine with maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- Add almond milk 1/4 cup at a time while continuing to whisk until well-combined.
- Fold blueberries and lemon zest into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and enjoying!