I know after quarantine some people are really sick of banana bread recipes, but rest assured my love for banana bread will never die. I’m also a true believer in the fact that everything tastes better in mini form. If you’re sick of normal banana bread, why not try it in the form of a bunch of cute little muffins? Do I need to say more?
These muffins strongly remind of Little Bites but they’re vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened with bananas so they’re free of added sugar. They also have only 5 main ingredients that you probably already have on hand, so there’s so excuse not to make them! I hope you try them out and let me know what you think!
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free
Total Time: 25 minutes Makes: 12-15 mini muffins
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 flax egg
1/2 cup almond milk
3 tbsp. chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 1 tbsp. ground flax and 3 tbsp. water in a small bowl. Let it sit until it takes on a gel-like texture.
- Mix together the flax egg, mashed banana, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt until well-combined.
- Add the almond milk a little bit at a time while continuing to mix until the batter is uniform.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop even amounts of the batter in a mini muffin pan. I used a silicone muffin tray so lining/greasing it was not necessary, but if you are using a metal tray make sure to grease it well or line it with mini muffin wrappers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of one of the muffins clean. Cool completely before enjoying!
- Optional: drizzle melted chocolate (chocolate chips melted with coconut oil) over the muffins and sprinkle sea salt over the melted chocolate.