On the days that I have run out of my most recent batch of baked goods and need something sweet after dinner (which is every day, let’s just be honest), mug cakes are my best friend. Count me in for anything that is ready in under 2 minutes!
This mug cake recipe is inspired by what was once one of my favorite candy bars. I remember my friends giving me their almond joys post trick or treating when we were in elementary school because I was the only 10-year-old who liked coconut and almonds. I guess not much has changed!
This mug cake is so soft and fluffy. The coconut flour not only gives it a subtle coconut taste but also gives it an amazing texture! I hope you try it out and love it as much as I do.
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free
Total Time: 5 minutes Makes: 1 serving
3 tbsp. coconut flour
3 tbsp. almond milk
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 flax egg
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
1 tbsp. shredded coconut
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch sea salt
- Combine 1 tbsp. ground flax seed and 3 tbsp. water and set to the side until it becomes a gel-like texture.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a mug.
- Add in the maple syrup and almond butter and mix until well-combined.
- Mix in the flax egg until well-combined.
- Add in the almond milk last and mix until the batter is uniform.
- Mix the shredded coconut and chocolate chips in last until evenly distributed.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds or until the top is cooked.
- Let cool completely before enjoying!
- Optional: top with melted chocolate and more shredded coconut.