I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve been struggling to find motivation lately. I’ve just been waking up feeling drained and all I want to do is lay in bed and read.
Unfortunately, a full-time student like me doesn’t exactly have the luxury of being able to lay in bed all day. But that’s the dream, right?
I am all for letting your body rest when it needs it. I believe that when your body gives you a message, it is your job to listen! However, when you have deadlines approaching, sometimes you just need a little boost!
Enter this latte. It is creamy, naturally sweetened with Medjool dates, and just all-around delicious. Your next afternoon pick-me-up just got a major upgrade!
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free
Total Time: 5 min. Makes: 1 latte
8 oz. hot coffee of choice
4 oz. almond milk (or other nut milk)
1-2 pitted medjool dates
1/4 tsp. maca powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Soak your date(s) in warm water. This helps them get very soft so they blend very well!
- While the dates are soaking, brew your coffee and warm the almond milk for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add everything to a blender and blend for 30 seconds on high.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
- Optional: top with a few more ounces of frothed almond milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.