Nothing quite leaves me nostalgic for fall and sweater weather like these bars. You know those days when you come home to a warm slice of apple pie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream? The BEST.
Since we’re currently trying to go to the grocery store only once a week, my family and I have been trying to buy produce that will that a good amount of time and, if it doesn’t, is usable in one of my recipes.
Apples are my fruit of choice right now and a few weeks ago my mom went a little overboard with the apples so I whipped up these bars!
Odds are you can find some apples at the grocery store right now (maybe more likely than some other produce) so if you have some leftover and are looking for a sweet treat, join me in making these this week’s dessert of choice!
vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free
Total Time: 1 hr. Makes: 12 bars
1 cup almond flour
3 tbs. coconut flour
1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (more to taste)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Whisk peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and use a hand mixer to thoroughly combine.
- Slowly add in almond milk while continually mixing.
- Slice the apple into small chunks.
- Cover the apple chunks in cinnamon and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fold the apple chunks into the batter until evenly dispersed.
- Fold in walnuts until evenly dispersed.
- Pour batter into a parchment-lined baking pan and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
- I stored in the fridge because it makes the texture amazing. Good for up to a week.